Saturday 20 July 2013

Kromosom - Nuclear Reich 12"

My blogging output has really been quite low this month, so I decided to get right into my next post. And what better way to do that than with the latest 12" from Kromosom!
This really came out of nowhere for me. Even though I don't really enjoy the experience of Facebook I find myself going back on it more than I would really like. In this instance it turned out to be rather beneficial though. After some mindless scrolling I saw a post from Kromosom announcing their new 12" would be released in the near future on Distort Reality. I hadn't heard of them but after a quick search I was able to find their online store. Of course I placed an order as soon as I could, and it arrived safe and sound (along with another goodie that I will post about soon) really very quickly.
Two versions were available to buy; the regular and limited version. I had no idea what was different about the limited version, but assumed it was a colour variant. Of course I was right, but after looking on discogs to see if their was information about the pressing I saw the limited version is stated to be on marbled orange vinyl. I don't know about you, but mine is clearly quite yellow with a hint of red and green marbled in there.
The artwork isn't quite as good as on 8 tracks, but certainly does carry that DIY cut and pasted charm. Inside the cover is two inserts, one containing the traditional ever so limited lyrics to all eight songs that has a band photo on the back. The other is a poster from their Nuclear Reich tour.
Musically, this is my favourite work from the band since their demo tape. The whole thing might only just last past the 13 minute mark, but it is seriously amazing. The whole LP is ridiculously fast and leaves you feeling like you've had a shot of adrenaline right to the brain.
For a preview, of sorts, watch the video below.


I've also just found out that the whole thing is online as well!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment